IMPORTANT NOTICE: Changes to the Constitution and Bylaws have been proposed for the 2017 AGM. Click here to view the proposed Constitution and Bylaws in full.
VICTORIA NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY CONSTITUTION
Accepted April 23, 1974
1. The name of the Society is Victoria Natural History Society, hereinafter referred to as “the Society”.
2. The objects of the Society are:
(a) to stimulate active interest in natural history:
(b) to study and protect flora and fauna and their habitats:
(c) to work with other societies and like bodies having interests in common with this Society, within and beyond the Province of British Columbia.
3. The operations of the Society are to be chiefly carried on in Southern Vancouver Island.
4. The Society shall be carried on without purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other accretions to the organization shall be used in promoting its objects.
5. The Directors shall have power to invest in securities pursuant to the Trustee Act of British Columbia such surplus funds as may from time to time be in their hands and may sell the same and reinvest the proceeds of sales pursuant to resolutions of the Board as approved by a General Meeting of the Society.
6. Upon the winding-up of the Society or its dissolution the extraordinary resolution authorising such winding-up or dissolution shall specify that all assets remaining which are owned by the Society shall be distributed to one or more recognized charitable organizations in Canada.
7. Clauses 4, 5 and 6 of this Constitution are unalterable in accordance with Section 17 of the Societies Act.