The VNHS always welcomes volunteers to help us with our work although many of our activities are now on hold due to COVID.
Current needs are for someone to help keep our website up to date, people to help with the schools program (including French speakers), someone to search out new advertisers for The Naturalist, and people who are interested in restoring an observation platform that needs repainting.
In addition to the VNHS, you can also volunteer with other conservation organizations on South Vancouver Island working to protect and improve habitats, ecosystems, and the species that rely on them.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH THE ORGANIZATION LISTED ABOUT THEIR COVID-19 PROTOCOLS.
- Habitat Acquisition Trust – http://www.hat.bc.ca/index.php/our-blog
- Capital Regional District – https://www.crd.bc.ca/about/careers/volunteer-opportunities
- Esquimalt Lagoon Sanctuary Initiative (ELSI) https://www.crd.bc.ca/ELSI/get-involved/volunteer-on-projects
- Bowker Creek Initiative – https://www.crd.bc.ca/bowker-creek-initiative/get-involved/volunteer-on-projects
- Saanich parks and natural areas – http://Saanich.ca
- Friends of Uplands Park – http://friendsofuplandspark.org
- Green Shores – http://stewardshipcentrebc.ca/Green_shores/
- Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary – http://www.swanlake.bc.ca/volunteer.php
- Garry Oak Ecosystems Recovery Team – http://www.goert.ca/support/participate.php
- Peninsula Streams Society – http://peninsulastreams.ca/about-us/volunteers
- Mount Douglas Park Society – http://www.mountdouglaspark.ca/calendar.do
- Rithet’s Bog Conservation Society – http://rithetsbog.org/
- Rocky Point Bird Observatory – http://RPBO.org
And you can check VNHS links to other organizations for more opportunities – http://www.vicnhs.bc.ca/?page_id=1443